One Heart Counseling Center therapists offer Telehealth sessions to clients residing in the State of California.
Important information for online sessions:
- You want to make sure you have privacy when you are doing an online therapy session. Just like in a therapist's office, the space needs to be private and free from distraction.
- Online sessions or phone sessions need to be set up in advance as opposed to notifying your therapist at the time of the appointment that you will need to do a phone or online session. The only exception is if you have discussed phone or online sessions with your therapist previously and your therapist has offered this an option ahead of time.
- Please do not drive while participating in a session.
- Sessions are 50 minutes long.
- It is always important to consider both the benefits and risks of online sessions.
In the first session:
- you and your therapist will establish a clear plan about what platform you will use (e.g. Zoom), how you will reconnect if there is a tech glitch (e.g. phone)
- if you are meeting for the first time online, your therapist will confirm your identity with your ID and confirm your location so your therapist can direct you to resources near you if there is an emergency.
- please see our after hours resources page if you are in the South Bay (of Los Angeles, CA) for reference.
Give us a call at 310-218-7518 or fill out a contact form. We would love to hear from you and offer our support.
**Due to laws set by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, we are only able to provide therapy for clients living in the state of California.